Reflection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few questions..

3 posters

Go down

A few questions.. Empty A few questions..

Post  Teacup Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:01 pm

Apologies for posting this on both forums - I'm not sure if this is your new one or your old one! confused

Hi,

I hope I have placed this in the correct forum, as it's not quite an application (yet) - but it could result in an application or two. :-)

My partner and I are very interested in your guild; we both have experience of RP, PvP and Raiding, we both have tasted and been revolted by the Burning Crusade. It actually resulted in my partner giving up her main character because she found it too dull compared to the original game and I myself abandoned a 67 character.

Yet we still enjoy Azeroth, playing the game from one to sixty and so on. So your guild is of great fascination and interest to us both, and I'm sure we'd be willing to roll any classes you need - though my partner would probably lean towards Holy Priest if she had a choice.

However, I have a couple of questions before we even consider creating new accounts and joining you, and I hope it's right of me to ask them here. :-)

1. We both work full time and my hours are subject to shift rotation. However, neither of us work at weekends. So we can't absolutely gauruntee to raid every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and infact it's unlikely because 18:30 server time is 17:30 our time and neither of us are often home by them. We could almost certainly attend 99.9% of the Sunday raids. Is this a problem?

2. For us, a big part of WoW isn't just raiding, it's making friends and having enjoyable company to team up with and go off on random adventures (obviously if it's not conflicting with raid times ;-)) - is this something that Reflection is about, or are you purely aiming at being a raiding guild?

3. What are you most desired classes? Although we obviously have interests in certain classes, we're both flexible to an extent and would rather feel useful than as a burdon. :-)

Thanks and Best wishes!

Teacup

Back to top Go down

A few questions.. Empty Re: A few questions..

Post  Thainor Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Teacup1 wrote: We both work full time and my hours are subject to shift rotation. However, neither of us work at weekends. So we can't absolutely gauruntee to raid every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and infact it's unlikely because 18:30 server time is 17:30 our time and neither of us are often home by them. We could almost certainly attend 99.9% of the Sunday raids. Is this a problem?

2. For us, a big part of WoW isn't just raiding, it's making friends and having enjoyable company to team up with and go off on random adventures (obviously if it's not conflicting with raid times ;-)) - is this something that Reflection is about, or are you purely aiming at being a raiding guild?

3. What are you most desired classes? Although we obviously have interests in certain classes, we're both flexible to an extent and would rather feel useful than as a burdon. :-)

Thanks and Best wishes!

Hello Teacup,

I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

1: We want our members to be as active as possible ofcourse, and 1 raid a week wont cut it, we are discussing raid start times so it isn't set in stone and I myself want it to 19:00 start time, we'll see what happens, stay tuned regarding this matter!

2: We are first and foremost a raid guild but we do value the social aspect of the guild and try our best to keep everyone happy and I am sure many others wouldn't mind doing fun/random stuff most of the time.

3: I think warlocks druids and priests are still quite wanted.

Hope this was of any help!

Regards, Thainor.
Thainor
Thainor

Back to top Go down

Post  Koresh Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:15 pm

I will add some more to Thainor's post.

Thanks for your interest. You two seem to be the kind of people we'd like in the guild, except that we do want members to show up for raids and indeed, raiding only once a week won't be enough. I was thinking of a min. of 2 raids a week when we raid 3 or 4 times a week. And the start of raids will be bout 6.30 or 7pm server time. I know it must be quite frustrating to find a guild that does what you enjoy most in WoW but being unable to join it because of circumstances.

I wouldn't mind accepting players like you for the social factor and as backup on sundays or during the week when people suddenly d/c or have to leave. You guys would have the biggest problem, cause we wouldn't be able to garantuee you a spot in the raid and you wouldn't be able to get enough DKP for items unless everyone else have the items.

All I can say is that I will talk with the GM/officers and if they don't have a problem with this, and you don't either I wouldn't see why you can't join our guild with a social/back up tag until you guys have more time to raid and get the same attendance as others.

So if you want to join, post an application for your partner and yourself and wait for our response. On the applicationforum you can see the number of classes we still need.

Thanks for your post!

Koresh

Koresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Thainor Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:25 pm

I agree with Koresh, I wouldnt mind taking in both of you as a "social" rank, and raid when possible, although that may be hard depending on sign-ups and you will have to compete with more frequent raiders who are likely to have more DKP.

Thainor.
Thainor
Thainor

Back to top Go down

Post  Teacup Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:35 pm

Thank you for your replies, I thought it was wise to be honest about life before anything else and I'm glad it was the right choice to make. :-)

I can fully understand and appreciate that we would be more likely to fill back-up positions and subsequently gain far less DKP. That's not so much of a problem for either of us as we would be looking to join the guild for the long term, so if it takes us a little longer to raise enough DKP - we can be patient.

Of course we would (we do,) play during the week - (to be honest, we are looking at making these characters our "mains" and ditching our old accounts,) but to give an example, if I am on the late shift, I would get home at approximately 23:00 server time - hence it's better if I explain that at the start than be labeled as someone who is unreliable - I know how many unreliable people apply for guilds. pale

As I said, Sunday we can both gauruntee 99.9% attendance of anything, especially in the evening, during the week we're probably more useful for social activities and helping new members quest or go through instances. I think that's the most important thing for us at least, we are looking for a new "home," which can accommodate us and where we can be of help even if it's not in the standard manner of everyone (ie. raiding every Mon/Wed/Thu). We're certainly not looking to come along for a free ride. :-)

Once again, thank you for your kind replies, I'll speak with "the lady," and we'll look to apply as soon as we level to twenty.

Best wishes!

Teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Thainor Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Hello again, I'm glad you're honest with us since that's quality Nr. 1, and as for the "level 20 to apply" rule I think that no longer applies since we re-formed.
Thainor
Thainor

Back to top Go down

Post  Teacup Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Ah, okay, then as soon as I have a green light from my partner, we'll apply. sunny

Teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Thainor Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Good, looking forward to seeing your applications Wink
Thainor
Thainor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down